I’ve been super busy this September, with a lot in the works, which unfortunately means my blog and social media has suffered… I only got six blog posts published this September, which was far less than I had planned. But it will all be worth it in the end, I’ve got exciting times ahead!
1. It finally felt like spring here in WA! The weather has been up and down, but we have had some gorgeous sunny days, and glorious spring blossoms. One of my favourites is this native blooming in my front garden. The flowers only last a few weeks, but the whole bush is ablaze with bright red buds! Also, if anyone knows what this plant is then please let me know, I’m assuming its native, but it is one I don’t know!
2. Just as I thought the weather was heating up, it started cooling down again and we had some amazing fog! One morning while driving to work we could barely see outside the windows! FYI there should be a view, bushland on the left and looking down over rooftops on the right… nada!
3. Although I do it fairly often (not as often as I should though) there is something glorious about washing your brushes and having them all silky soft again! I usually only wash my core brushes regularly, but every now and again it feels great to go through your entire collection!
4. No spring morning would be complete without these gorgeous sunrises! I’ll miss them in summer, I still get to work ridiculously early, but the sun is usually up before I arrive, so the view isn’t quite as nice! I’ll be keen for some warmer mornings though, and not having to pre-set my heater before I wake up each day.
5. Reading an old favourite is like catching up with an old friend (except you can do it in the bath!)! I’ve started Eragon, the first book in Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance Cycle again, I haven’t read them since I was a teen, but they were my favourites. They are the only books I ever had signed by the author too!
6. It was Charlies 2nd birthday this September, for his party I gathered all his favourite fur friends at the park and we played fetch and ate pupcakes until he was so tired he could barely walk! So basically, he had the best day ever! Don’t they look like happy boys? He also got a new ball launcher, as we broke the old one, so he got pretty spoilt in the end.
7. Kody competed in the Objective Secured SHO competition, it was the first one in Perth so I went along for an afternoon to support him in all his nerdom! It was actually a pretty fun day, and for all the times he traipses around markets and events with me, I thought I owed him this!
8. And finally, we were able to take the pups to the Joondalup City Spring Markets this month. We wandered through the stalls, drooling over the gorgeous handmade items, with the dogs drooling over the food truck scents! The boys were absolutely fawned over, kids, adults and fairies were smitten with them everywhere they went! They adored the attention!
What have you been up to this month?
Have you done anything or gone anywhere interesting?
Have you taken your dogs out somewhere fun lately?
Thanks for stopping by.