I know this post is late, it’s already the 18th of October, and for that I am sorry! I try my best to keep to my blogging schedule, but often life gets in the way, I have been working a lot recently, and also been sick with a cold so unfortunately the blog took a back seat for a few weeks!
Well, I’m here now, and I thought I would share with you all some of the things that I got up to this September!
1. We took the dogs to the beach for the first time (we have taken Charlie for a stroll along the shoreline at night when he was a puppy, but since he didn’t get wet it doesn’t count!)! One of the perks of living in Perth is that you’re never far from a beach, and usually the weather is perfect for it! It is spring now, so since it was warming up we decided to chuck the pups in the car and head down to our local dog beach, less than 10 minutes from our house. It was a lovely afternoon, Kody and Charlie had fun in the water, while Theo and I soaked up the sun on the sandy shore! I love how the dogs have their own personalities and preferences. Charlie is a water dog, whereas Theo isn’t, he was much more happy lying on the shore with me, playing with the other dogs or crazily digging holes in the soft beach sand!
2. In September I started a 7 week cooking class in the mobile kitchen from Jamie’s Ministry of Food! So far the greatest achievement is learning how to make the perfect poached egg, something I have always struggled with. Week 1 we learnt eggs 4 ways, poached, boiled, scrambled and then we made a spinach and feta frittata. In week 2 we made curry, and then unfortunately I had to miss a few weeks due to being sick, and the dogs being sick!
3. I was gifted with a Pranamat ECO which arrived this September. This mat is such a fantastic tool, it can be used to enhance a yoga routine, or just used by itself as a massage mat. It applies pressure to points on your body, relieving your muscles and invigorating your body. I haven’t used it in combination with any yoga or stretches yet, however I try to lay on it for approximately 20 minutes a day to help take away any muscular pain and to give me a better night’s sleep. Once I have been using it consistently for a while I will write out a full review of this product and let you know if I see any positive effects from it.
4. I took the plunge and went for a bit of a change this September. I cut basically all my hair off! My hair was tired and I had a lot of split ends so I decided that I might as well change it up a bit, I had a big chunk to get rid of to make it healthy again, so why not just take 20-30cms off? I have been thinking of changing up my style for a while, but I wasn’t brave enough to actually carry through with it until now. I’m so glad I did it! I love it, it is hard to curl, and I prefer it when it is curly, but even when it’s just left air dried I prefer it to my long hair. It feels like me! It’s a bit hard to explain, but I feel like I’ve been looking for “me” for a while, and apparently short hair was where I was at!
5. In September Charlie had his first birthday! Can you believe it? My little baby is growing up! For his birthday I made the pups endure wearing party hats for a few photos, once they were torn off Charlie ripped into his presents, discovering new toys and yummy treats! I made a batch of pup cakes, and we took them down to the local park where we met up with all the usual park culprits as well as Charlies birth brother, McClane (pictured on the right, above), sharing out the pup cakes to anyone who was allowed one!
What did you get up to this September?
Enjoying the first month of spring?
Have you been to the beach yet this season?
Thanks for stopping by.