So much has happened in October, it has had some wonderful moments, but if I’m being honest it has had its dark times too, but today we will just focus on the good! I decided that once again I would break my five item limit for this post and talk about ten things with you from this month. Some are very exciting and super interesting, and then some are just little things that made me smile.
1. I enjoyed a good soak in my tub this October, with a Lush bath bomb to make me smile. I honestly love my time in the bath, it’s my time, time all to myself, just focusing on me and relaxing! I really hope I can continue my bath time rituals even as the weather heats up, but I guess I will just have to wait and see. This month I used an Intergalactic bath bomb, which made the bath turn a beautiful swirl of blue, but you can read more on the bath bomb in my October empties post.
2. At the start of the month I also attended a lovely Perth beauty event called Beauty To A Tea. It was a delightful five hour high tea in Perth City with nearly 200 other beauty or blogger like-minded ladies. A few recognisable Perth bloggers attended the event, and I was lucky enough to catch up with Sheryl from Mschikee and also Maddy from My Little Love Story Blog. I know it has been over a month since I attended this event but I am still hoping to write a quick post on the experience so I will try not to give too many details here!
3. Of course we had a few more fun days at the beach, which the boys (Charlie and Theo) thoroughly enjoyed! Their personalities and feelings towards the beach could not be more different, yet they still both have incredible amounts of fun! It works out for the best actually, Theo prefers playing with other dogs and laying on the sand with me, yet Charlie loves the water, swimming and playing fetch in the ocean with Kody, so we are each able to take a pup to keep us, and them, entertained. I would just like to add that a selfie with an excited and wet puppy is not an easy fete.
4. Kody and I were able to go on a couple of dinner dates this month. Since moving out we have slowly been getting more and more boring, haha, so we decided to make a pact and go out more often together. The first dinner date we went to Hogs Breath, the food was actually a huge disappointment, but I got more drunker than I care to admit on the one cocktail I drunk while waiting for my dinner to arrive and I found the whole ordeal entirely hilarious! So in the end we had fun, despite the food. The second date was actually much nicer and it was an impulse decision to have dinner at our local Chinese Restaurant. The food was phenomenal!
5. In October Kody and I decided to take the boys down to the City of Wanneroo’s Living and Leisure Expo. There were lots of stalls to visit and lot and lots of dogs to see. The boys had the time of their lives meeting all the other pooches, just running around and wading in the shaded paddle pools when the sun proved to be too hot! I tried to remain very restrained with my purchases at this event, as you may know I love buying local, and I ended up only buying from one stall (plus a slushie and crepe for lunch). I ended up buying the potted plant and handmade dog treats pictured above from the Native Animal Rescue stall, which is an animal shelter where I used to volunteer and I wanted to support.
6. I became very excited this month when I noticed that Olaf, my gorgeous little cacti from Chelsea at the Let It Grow Co. (they have changed their name and gone through rebranding), had gone through a rapid growth spurt! Of course this momentous occasion was marked with an Instagram picture and shared excitement from Chelsea!
7. This month we also took the boys to see Theo’s parents. We went for a visit with Theo’s breeder, the lovely lady from Western Park Spoodles had moved to a 5 acre property and she wanted to see how Theo was growing, so a visit was definitely in order. She was astounded with Theo’s size, his then 17kgs had already surpassed both his father at 14kgs and his mother at 16kgs. The boys had an absolutely lovely afternoon, running around in spoodle heaven, playing fetch, meeting new animals (horse, rabbit and two cats) and generally being mischievous! It was absolutely amazing to see where Theo got certain personality traits from, he looks like his mother and has her affectionate personality, while his dopey side comes straight from his dad, along with his funny lopsided run!
8. I went back to get my nails re done with SNS. I swear it is becoming an addiction, I absolutely love having nice nails that constantly look their best. As someone who chew(s/ed) their nails I have always been embarrassed by the presentation of my hands, and I’m loving now getting compliments on them. Since the weather is warming up I decided to start wearing lighter colours on my nails, such as this gorgeous light grey colour.
9. The Bloggers United AU Perth event was also held in October. So many events (two in one month feels like quite a lot to me lol)! I will definitely be writing more posts on this in the future, but I would like to say that it was a phenomenal event, and the Perth representatives, Samantha and Sophie did a wonderful job of providing us with interesting and inspiring speakers as well as very full goodie bags to take home!
10. And of course Halloween, the very last day in October! This year Kody decorated the house and was eagerly awaiting “trick or treat”‘s to hand out candy, while I dressed up as Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s and convinced him to take photos of me. Apart from the ten or so neighbourhood children, and one greedy mother who stopped by it was a fun, yet uneventful evening!
What did you get up to this October?
Would you like to hear more on the SNS process and why I am obsessed?
Any of these other topics interest you? Would you like me to write further on them?
Thanks for stopping by.