Alright, here comes the apology… Sorry for not sticking to my blogging schedule (not that I ever really do) and for abandoning my blog and all social media channels for the last few weeks… So sorry!
I have been busy, and life’s been keeping me on my toes, but honestly, I just wasn’t feeling it. The longer I put it off the harder it felt to get back into it. But it is a fresh new month, a new beginning with a new blogging schedule. Hopefully I’ll actually be able to publish all my intended posts this December.
November kept me busy, mostly I had to work… a lot… but since the weather was heating up there was plenty of fun outings, play dates with the boys and of course some wedding planning on the cards!
1. First up we had a Halloween party to attend on the first weekend of November. Kody dressed up as a UNIT officer from Dr Who, and I went as a mad scientist, complete with possessed makeup! We had a lot of fun, and I’m planning on publishing the details for my DIY costume soon.
2. We also had our usual monthly puppy play date with the foster pups, although only one of them could make it this time. The boys still had a tremendous time running around with Zara, and McClane (Charlie’s blood brother). I caught a little bit of sun, which was a nice pre-cursor to summer, and the boys went home so exhausted that they literally slept for two solid days afterwards!
3. One of my beautiful friends, her partner, Kody and I all went out for dinner and a late-night swim one Thursday night this November, I am going to be honest though, I was too chicken to swim. Although it had been a hot day the water was freezing by nightfall, and it was far too cold for me to be tempted in!
4. The amazing Dr Katherine was generous enough to extend an invite to me for her No Bull$hit Body Confidence Workshop*. She has an extraordinary gift with words, and while it was a difficult seminar to listen to (there were some harsh truths included) I needed to hear every word. I left feeling so inspired, and I can’t wait to share my experience with you (it will be published soon)!
5. Kody worked hard to try and take me out a lot this month… I have been working hard so he made sure I had time for a few fun treats this November too! One such treat was attending the Spring Craft and Gift Expo at the Sorrento Quay Boardwalk, followed immediately with the City of Joondalup’s Kaleidoscope Festival where I scored this delicious egg waffle with gelato!
6. I scored this set of $120 IKEA Alex Draws from my local recycling centre for only $15 bucks! As soon as I got it home I disinfected it and filled it with all my beauty products! Even though the draws aren’t organised it feels so good to even have draws! I used to have one box of makeup under the bathroom sink and the rest spread out all over my chest of draws… it wasn’t an ideal situation! Now I have a draw for everyday products/brushes, a draw for samples, one for face products, one for eyes and the bottom draw is devoted to lip products. At least now it is semi organised!
7. My mum came over twice this month! She had an event to attend in Perth one weekend, and then the following weekend she came back over to help with some wedding details. It was lovely to see so much of her. We didn’t have too much time together on her first trip up, but we did manage to sneak in some Sunday brunch and a leisurely stroll along the beach. As usual it was Belgium Waffles for me!
8. The following weekend Kody and I went to the Joondalup Twilight Markets. I wanted to drop my candle jars off and get them refilled, and while I was there I also picked up a cute eye shaped wheat and lavender pack and some reusable makeup pads for $5 each!
9. After the Twilight Markets Kody and I went down to the Wanneroo Agricultural Show, to meet my mum there. It was a huge part of our lives when we were younger, and it was nice to be there with mum again. We didn’t spend too long there, just enough time to do a lap of the show and for Kody to win me a few plush toys (which the dogs have already claimed) from the cork gun games. We then settled down on a nice patch of grass to watch the firework display.
10. While mum was visiting we made sure we took some time out to enjoy some sunshine and each other’s company while exploring some local parks in my area. I’m a huge fan of this park, it had so many beautiful pockets and corners which were more secluded and out of the way!
11. On the 26th of November my mum, sister and I all attended the Perth Upmarket. It was an amazing event, with close to 200 stalls to browse. We seriously underestimated the time we would want to spend there and could have spent all day if we had the opportunity. I bought myself a few small bits and pieces, but mostly collected business cards from my favourite stalls and included their works in my Summer Wishlist and Christmas Wishlist.
The items I did allow myself to buy included a travel sized Peppermint and Coffee Cheekee Scrub, two pins for my vintage Sportsgirl denim vest from Chucklebug, and a pot planter bee figurine from As You Wish Ceramics.
12. This November I was gifted another whole pile of beauty products and samples by Kody’s mum! She spoils me. It is going to take me a while to get through this bundle of samples, but it is a challenge I gladly accept!
13. My sister came visiting with Badger in tow and we decided it was about time we introduced him to the beach! We packed all the dogs into the car and one hot Monday in November we all had a splash. Badger took the beach easily in his stride, and he barely even blinked at the choppy waves crashing against the shore. He was far too concerned with herding Charlie, who was too busy to bother about anything other than his tennis ball!
14. We also took the dogs out to the Perth City Farm for their Twilight Market session. Unfortunately, the market wasn’t as large as I had hoped, but there were a few interesting stalls in attendance, and I picked up a few pots of herbs and a Black Cherry Bath Bomb from XO Collective for myself.
What did you get up to this November?
Has it been a busy month for you?
Have you been making the most of this gorgeous weather?
Thanks for stopping by.
*Products/services kindly supplied for consideration, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.