I have chosen some of my favourite moments of March to share with you all, however, not all of March was beautiful for me. I felt that March was actually quite hard, it was busy and stressful, I just had so much going on, and so much uni work to complete, it felt like it would never end. Yet here we are, nearly 2 weeks into April already!
Enough complaining, let’s have a look and see the more pleasant moments March had to offer…
1. This March started off with some very unseasonal and uncharacteristic mist one morning. Since I rose early for work that day I was able to view it in its full and unusual glory! Driving to work was a challenge since I have never seen mist so thick, let alone driven through it. It got to the stage where you could see a few cars in front of you and then everything further away was hidden behind a white screen. The view from work usually goes much further than this!
2. I also had my hair trimmed again this month, 6 months since the big chop! I didn’t go quite as short as I did the first time, as I was enjoying being able to tie it out of the way when I needed to, but I think I wouldn’t mind going even shorter next time. It was such a huge thing for me to do the first time, it was so far out of my comfort zone, and it felt amazingly liberating!
3. Kody took me out for a bit of a surprise dinner at a little Italian cafe he found. We were completely predictable, I ordered carbonara and Kody had the pork ribs, typical! The meal was phenomenal! I didn’t have very high hopes as we walked in, it was a small, out of the way sort of cafe, but it tasted amazing. I will definitely be going back to Cafe De Carlo!
4. This March I was lucky enough to puppy sit these two beautiful spoodle girls! We had Candy (grey) and Cleo (black) for an entire week, they were such a pleasure. Charlie and Candy got on like a house on fire, their common interests include causing a raucous, running riots and being obsessive over fetch and tennis balls! The gentler pair, Cleo and Theo got along well, but both preferred human companionship. By the end of the stay we had nicknamed the usually timid Cleo as my sisters’ shadow, she followed her absolutely everywhere, never leaving her side.
5. Upon dropping Candy and Cleo off with their human mummy we stayed to cuddle the 6 week old puppies from the current litter (technically Theo’s siblings). They were all so adorable, I filled my cuddle quota with this cute lot! We also stayed to stroke the horses, see the new chickens and I got to bottle feed the kids, the baby goats that is! It was like a dream for me!
6. We attended the Friends of Kings Park Plant Sale, and I purchased up a storm one Sunday morning this March! I can’t wait to plant these gorgeous natives in my garden to create a beautiful, native space in my backyard!
7. This month I also found out about the Exhale Mindfulness Studio*, Kody and I attended a 30 minute session one evening, before date night. It was the perfect way to just take 30 minutes out of your week and relax, to truly focus on you. I can’t wait to go to my next session!
8. Straight after our mindfulness session, Kody and I went to The Ramen Lab for a date night dinner. I had wanted to go and taste their ramen since they opened in Perth, so I was really excited to go here!
9. We ended our monthly date spree in Gold Lounge! Kody and I went to see Beauty and the Beast in Gold Lounge on the night of its release! I’ve never been to Gold Lounge before so it was a wonderful new experience. The food and service was amazing. The movie, well the movie was definitely the highlight of my night! I absolutely loved it! I adored how they were able to create a new movie, but still keep the same story line and songs that we all grew to love! Belle was always my favourite Disney Princess as a child (and an adult)! The only down side to this movie, holding back the songs that I kept trying to sing along with! Haha!
What did you get up to this month?
Have you seen Beauty and the Beast yet?
What did you think of it?
Thanks for stopping by.
*Products/services kindly supplied for consideration, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.