Alright, you may want to grab a hot drink before you settle into this post, I feel like June was an absolutely mammoth month for me, and I have included a bunch of stuff that happened into this post! I had such a good month, one of the best for a really long time, I’m currently on a break from uni, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the future will bring us! Totally a positive Kez atm!
1. Kody and I went on a quick and impromptu date night, we chucked the dogs in the car and drove out to Inglewood for the Inglewood Food Truck Fest which was on over the long weekend. The dogs had the best time, there were plenty of other puppies, including Spoodles, Groodles and Moodles, for them to play with, plus they got some of our yummy food truck dinner! We started by splitting the duck bao from What the Bao!, the dogs ended up with all the duck, as it was actually really unpleasant, but the actual Bao was delicious! We followed that up with a grilled Cuban each from Grilled to The Mac, which was a divine experience.
2. Kody and I were gifted with two tickets* to view the opening night performance of Infamous! We had an absolutely fantastic night, which started with some fairy floss and a slushie cocktail and ended with selfies with the performers! It doesn’t get much better than that, I loved it so much that I’m actually taking my sister to see it this July, before they leave for their Australian tour. If you want to know more about the show I wrote up a review here.
3. Kody and I also braved the cold the following morning (after Infamous) to set up shop at the local Karrinyup Swap Mart. I had a whole load of my clothes that I wanted to move on, gotta make room in my wardrobe for new and exciting additions! I’ll be adding a few pieces to my account on Carousell soon if you’re interested in buying some! Apart from the super freezing weather, and the rude people (I honestly don’t know how some people can think what they said was socially acceptable!), it was actually a pretty decent day!
4. Kody and I also went to the markets the following weekend. First we visited the Joondalup Growers Market, which primarily sold local fresh produce, and then we crossed the road to Lakeside Shopping Centre and attended yet another gorgeous Ladybird Market event. This is the third time I have been, and I absolutely love all the stalls that are involved, there is a great turnover rate, so you always get something new to look at, as well as a few old favourites! I had a hard time tossing up between another Brown Betty handbag, or two new necklaces from Blue Banksia Jewellery, in the end the necklaces won over, just, and I proudly wore home one of my new pieces.
5. We had some fantastic family nights this June, popping by to see Kody’s family, play board games, watch House Rules together and eat copious amounts of home cooked meals and baked goods! One such family night Kody’s mum baked her delicious warm Madeleines, true perfection!
6. As you are probably aware, June has been particularly dry in Perth, despite being the first month of winter. I’ve taken advantage of the dry, yet cool, weather by walking the dogs regularly. Charlie is pretty good on lead, yet Theo has some serious training in store for him!
7. My heart just melts when I see my boys cuddled up together! This month I was able to take sneaky shots of Kody and each of the boys fast asleep together. You might not love these pictures as much as I do, but I can’t help but smile as I see them! The first one is Kody sleeping on the couch, with Charlie curled up in his arm pit. While the second photo is of Kody asleep in bed as I got up for work one morning, Theo had been sleeping down the centre of the bed, between us, on his back and Kody rolled over to cuddle him (I think asleep Kody thought it was me!), half squashing him in the process!
8. Another day, Kody and I went into the City, we had to collect my ring from the jewellers, as the white gold had been re coated, and we took the opportunity to go window shopping! My favourite store was by far, Pottery Barn! I had never actually set foot in a Pottery Barn store before that day, it was a life changing experience. I want my entire house decked out from there one day! Following that we went directly to Ikea to look at the furniture we could actually afford, and have a hot dog lunch!
9. I got to see two of my fur babies this June! Terra came into my work after one of her vet trips to say hi, it was a big day for her and she ended up fast asleep in her owners’ arms! And my sister brought Badger over for a visit after his vet trip too! He totally remembered me, and was beside himself once he figured out who I was! He’s so big now, I can’t believe they are growing up so fast!
10. And finally, for June, I just had to add in that I watched The Good Dinosaur. Can we please take a moment and address that this is a kid’s movie! It was flipping traumatic! I cried my entire way though… It was beautiful, but I was not prepared for how utterly heart wrenching it was. Please tell me I’m not alone in this?
Have you seen The Good Dinosaur?
What did you think? Did you find it really sad?
Are you a Pottery Barn kinda girl? Or is Ikea your jam?
Thanks for stopping by.
*Products/services kindly supplied for consideration, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
** This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products from these links I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.