July has actually been really nice, I’ve been spending a lot of quality time with Kody and we have been going out on cute dates more than usual this month. It has been the final calm before the uni storm begins again, it is also nice that uni started back up, meaning that I have a little more structure and routine back in my life. Of course I love the calm and relaxation of uni holidays, but it is good to have a bit of order to follow.
1. At the beginning of July Kody bought me this gorgeous sapphire, diamond and white gold ring as a surprise thank you present for everything I had done over the last few weeks. It was the sweetest gesture and I now wear this ring every single day, I absolutely love it, especially how the sapphires match with my engagement ring and my 21st birthday earrings!
2. As I said before Kody and I had a few cute dates this month, and it really felt fun. Since moving in together the dates were put on hold, as we were constantly together and trying to save money. But its fun and silly moments like these that can really bring you together! The hilarious photo above was from an at home date night we had where we bought some snacks (fantales included) and watched a movie we both had been waiting to see. We were giggling and being silly when I made his nose a “fantale hat”, it looks pretty silly here, but it was so funny in the moment!
3. Another great date was when Kody surprised me by taking me, and the fur babies, to Bells Rapids in Brigadoon for a lovely nature walk. It was a gorgeous day and a breathtaking experience. My mum informed me that we had been on family outings and picnics to Bells Rapids when I was younger, but I don’t remember it, so it was basically all new to me. I was in my element in nature, I was so excited to see some native plants were already in bloom, I was acting like a kid, sludging in mud and climbing over rocks. The dogs also had the time of their life, Charlie loved wading in the water, at one point he jumped in and it was a little higher than he originally expected and the look on his face was priceless! I was so proud of them for being so fearless and climbing over all the large boulders like champs. You can see their adventure on Instagram if your interested @charles_n_theodore.
4. I recently uploaded my first vlog where I spoke about my love of reusing secondhand items, especially shopping in thrift stores for my clothes, at the end of the post I mentioned that since filming I had bought five new tops for only $2.50, the top photo above is those five tops, they are all great pieces! I went thrifting again this month and managed to pick up seven tops and two pairs of shorts for $4.50 as well. My wardrobe is suffering under the weight of my new favourite thrift store!
5. On the 30th of July Kody took me to The Ladybird Popup Market at the Joondalup Shopping Centre after work, it was a beautiful collections of Perth based, female founded local produce stalls. I loved it! I managed to pick up some great items, including a new plant baby, this gorgeous fiddle leaf fig which I bought from Chelsea’s Greenhouse Gathering stall. Disney themed name suggestions are more than welcome as I am at a bit of a loss on this one! More on the Ladybird Market soon!
What did you get up to this month?
Did you go anywhere interesting?
Have you ever been to Bells Rapids?
Thanks for stopping by.