How is January over already?! January has been busy for me, but busy in a boring way, if you know what I mean? Mostly I have been working a LOT, and when home I’ve been hanging out with my sister, who is still living with me, and churning out blog posts! I haven’t done many “fun” things this month though. Although I don’t mind too much, having a bit more of a quiet month before university starts back up!
1. At the beginning of the month my sister and I took the puppies down the road to The Local Farmers Market at Eden Beach. They were too excited at the beginning and Theo was walking through the crowds barking at everyone who passed by without petting him. Embarrassed, we decided to take them for a fast walk completely around the park before letting them interact with people again. Once they had calmed down a bit we went back to the markets and we all had a well behaved and fun morning! We ate crepes for breakfast and came home with some local produce.
2. January is the middle of summer so of course there were a few trips to the animal beach with the dogs! They have so much fun, especially when there are lots of other puppies to play with! They still aren’t allowed off lead at the beach though, they have short attention spans and if distracted tend to bolt up the beach!
3. Some of our beautiful January summer evenings were spent at the park, playing fetch with Charlie and letting Theo play with other pups who passed by, he made best buds with a gorgeous little rescue Great Dane pup, they have spent hours just tumbling around the grass together. I have even started interval jogging around the park in the evenings, however it is a bit difficult with the dogs as they try to follow me…
4. This January Kody and I also purchased a secondhand rooftop tent! This is super exciting for me, Kody isn’t quite as thrilled, haha! It was secondhand, but has only been on one trip before we got it, we also checked it out and it is in perfect condition. We still have a long way to go before we will actually be ready for our camping trips, but it is a step in the right direction. I can’t wait to keep you updated on the camping phase of my life and blog!
5. Kody and I haven’t been on many dates this month, but one night we went and bought some local fish and chips to take down to the beach and watch the sunset. We missed the sunset and forgot the picnic blanket, but it was such an impulsive and fun date night, it made me so happy!
What did you get up to this January?
How has 2017 treated you so far?
Have you been enjoying the summer weather?
Thanks for stopping by.