I think I may just give up trying to limit these posts to five things each month! I always tend to go over anyway…
February was quite busy for me, I tried to cram in all the work I could before going back to university, which began this month. I also managed to get off my lazy butt and finally get around to volunteering, like I spoke about at the start of last year! My birthday is also in Feb, which also makes it a pretty exciting month! Here are my eight most fun and special things from the month which was February…
1. I got fitted by the lovely folks at The Athletes Foot for these comfortable, and gorgeous, Nikes! I have since worn them every opportunity I had! Hence, to the dog park the first day I picked them up, not to jog, but rather lay on the grass and watch the pups run around and the sun set! I really do love these moments.
2. As I said, my birthday was in February and I turned twenty three this year. All of a sudden, I’ve come to realise that I’m (expected to be) an adult! It’s a little bit scary, but it’s also a whole heap of fun and freedom! This year we kept my birthday low key, but it was so nice to have both my mum and my sister over to help me celebrate.
3. Volunteering! I finally got started with my volunteering and I love it! I only go a few hours every fortnight but I’m really enjoying my time there so far. I find those few hours really help to centre me for the next two weeks until I get to go again. I enjoy the solitary, outdoor tasks. It almost makes me miss my old contracted weeding job I had when I first started WCIT (TAFE), almost…
4. I was so completely grateful and relieved when my laptop arrived in the post. It got sent away for repairs a month or two ago and I was starting to worry it wouldn’t arrive before university started. But thankfully, the week before the semester began it arrived on my doorstep, all fixed and gorgeous!
5. This Feb we decided to give Charlie a shave. It’s quite an undertaking with him, he has always been terrified of being groomed, and he mattes easily. I didn’t want to have to worry about his fur at the same time as I was worrying about assignments, so we went short. Short-short! I think he looks damn handsome, and I’m proud that Kody and I did it ourselves.
6. One evening my sister and I spontaneously took the puppies to the beach to watch the sun set. It was phenomenal! No filters needed on this picture, just raw, West Australian beauty! When I see sights like these I instantly feel lifted, and so grateful for this beautiful place I live.
7. One (actually, it was twice!) Sunday morning this month Kody agreed to go on an impromptu trip to the swap mart, I had an absolute blast, and got some great bargain too! On the way home he treated us to a delicious Krispy Kreme breakfast. Yumm!
8. And finally for February, we celebrated Theo and his litter mates 1st birthday! Can you believe he is a year old already? I know he’s a big boy, but where did my sweet little pup go? For Theo’s birthday I contacted his breeder and received the details for his litter mates. We organised a puppy party, including a fun park venue and freshly baked pupcakes, and got reunited with some of his siblings. Unfortunately, three of his siblings couldn’t make it on the day, but we still has three other siblings attend, as well as his papa! It was such a fun day and the dogs literally slept for 14 hours nearly non-stop once we got home!
What have you been up to this February?
Did you celebrate any birthdays? Dog or human?
What was your favourite event this Feb?
Thanks for stopping by.