As I said in my November catch-up post, December has been flat out. I’ve been so busy my blogging has taken a back seat, and unfortunately, I’m really struggling to catch up on all my scheduled post ideas. I published my November and December catch-up posts today in an effort to start the new year a little less backed up on blog posts! Hopefully January will see a dose of normalcy to my blogging schedule before I’m back to Uni in February!
This December I have been working my ass off, nearly doubling the amount of hours I worked in previous months, I also had a lot of social commitments to attend, especially over Christmas, and I currently have my sister staying with me so it’s a full and crazy house!
1. On the 11th of December the Perth Spoodle Owners had a meetup/play date, I think it was the highlight of Charlie and Theo’s year, if not life! In total I think about 20-25 spoodles met up at the Charles Riley Reserve (enclosed dog park) over the course of two hours and all the dogs were just let off lead to run around and make friends. Theo ended up being the largest spoodle there, everyone was convinced he was a groodle, but I had to assure them that I have met his parents, he isn’t a groodle, just freakishly large, currently 18kg at 10 months of age!
2. This December we had our annual company Christmas party again, this year was a little different, and a lot more casual than previous years but everyone still managed to have a lot of fun! I definitely had my loyalties tested this year, after changing departments half way through the year I had the option of sitting with my old department and Kody or hanging out with the cafe girls, in the end I just fluttered between tables!
3. You may remember that I talked about wanting a paddle pool for the boys in my summer wishlist, well it turns out Kodys fam had an extra which we very keenly took home for the pups! Since the boys have eaten everything that resembles a plant in the backyard, mixing water with dirt resulted in a very fun but messy day!
4. Christmas eve marked the seventh-year Kody and I have been together! I can’t believe how long it has been, and yet how fast it seems to have flown by. I can still remember those first few awkward outings, gingerly holding hands, which then grew into a deep respect and love, and has just grown over time. I’m so thankful to have him by my side through thick and thin, he is my rock, he has loved me throughout it all, encouraged me at my worst and glowed with happiness at my best. I love him Forever, Always and a Day!
5. Of course we had Christmas this December, I didn’t actually snap any pictures on the day, as Kody and I had to work, and I completely forgot to take any at Boxing Day dinner as well; major fail! But it was a lovely Christmas anyway even without the photographic evidence. I’ll post about my gifts later, but by far the greatest gift I received was to have my sister home for Christmas!
What did you do this December?
Did you have a Merry Christmas?
Did you have any awesome Christmas parties to attend?
Thanks for stopping by.