August is coming to an end, and with its end so comes the end of winter!
I have really been trying to appreciate things more this month, and as such I have been using my personal Instagram feed as a type of gratitude journal, reminding myself of the positives in every single day! I don’t know if it because I have been searching for the bright side of everything, but I feel as though this month has been better, I’ve had the regular stress of uni, but it’s going okay so far.
I decided to include ten items in my monthly catch-up post, instead of my usual five, so I hope you enjoy this insight into my August.
1. At the start of the month I picked up a few Maybelline products that I have been lusting over. Best of all, I got them while they were half price! I’m still having fun playing around with my The Blushed Nudes palette, testing out all the shades. I also picked up the Maybelline Colour Drama pencil in Minimalist. I adore these lip pencils, and minimalist is a shade I have been after for some time, but it always seemed to be sold out whenever I tried to pick it up, so it is nice to finally have it added to my collection!
2. I said in my June Monthly Catch-Up post that I had been waking earlier, and working earlier. Well I’m pleased to say that this is still continuing, and I have almost changed my body clock completely. I am waking early, well early for me, around 7-7.30 every morning, even when I don’t have work that day. I feel so much more productive and positive on days I get up early and get straight into my day. Even though it has been wet, cold and sometimes dark as I am heading to work I really enjoy it, there is something so special about the mornings there, it is so peaceful at that time, when no one else is around.
3. This month Kody and I took the boys for a drive and we went to pick up three dozen of the best bagels in Perth. We don’t make this drive very often, so when we do we tend to go a little overboard, but don’t worry, not all three dozen were just for the two of us. We bought some for family as well. The Kosher Providore resides in Menora, a good 45 minute to an hour drive away for us, but their bagels make the drive worth it. Baked daily on premises they really are Perth’s best bagels.
4. This month I also decided to put my revolting (it disgusts me too) nail biting habit to an end. For me the first step was wearing bite proof SNS nail tips to break the habit. I started by getting a gorgeous dark grey glitter nail done by Venus Nails in Clarkson, they lasted me three weeks and then I had a dark navy blue done to replace them, also by Venus Nails. I’ve only ever had gel nail tips before, and I have to say that I by far prefer the SNS, they are more durable and they feel better for my nails too, my nails are growing so fast with these fakes on! Soon I will be able to just wear regular nail polish and still have nice looking nails!
5. This August I have tried to rekindle my love for reading. I used to read so much as a teenager, but I guess as I got older and busier reading didn’t seem as important. Well I bought Me Before You and After You by Jojo Moyes and I got stuck in! So far I have completed Me Before You, loved it by the way, and I’m just starting After You, I think I’m up to chapter 4. I still haven’t seen the movie yet though, I wanted to finish the book first!
6. My Colourpop order arrived! Gosh you guys will be sick of this Colourpop order by the time I have finished blogging about it, I have a few posts featuring these products lined up at the moment, so I won’t give away much right now, but I will tell you that the morning I found them on my doorstep was a very exciting morning!
7. My sister has been traveling through Europe, the lucky thing, but this month she headed to Brisbane for a break. She ended up purchasing a ticket that had a three hour stopover in Perth just so we could catch up quickly on her way through! We ended up taking the boys down to the airport with us, as she hadn’t met Theo yet, and we just hung out in the carpark for a couple of hours with a small picnic that I had packed. It was really nice to see her again, even if it wasn’t for long.
8. Something I have been working on this month is relaxing, taking time out, and giving myself some “me time”. It has really helped to ground me, it makes me take time away from study and chores without feeling guilty about it, and it just forces me to relax. At the moment my me time has been a hot bath, a Lush bath bomb and a good book. As I said earlier I read Me Before You and am currently reading After You, I have used up a Twilight and a Sex Bomb bath bomb so far this month, and it has felt good.
9. We got the Blue Wheelers Mobile Groomers out again this month and gave Charlie a complete shave, much to his disgust. We decided to go even shorter this month, Charlie hates being groomed so much so I would love him to stay mat free for as long as possible. Again Kody wanted Charlie’s facial hair left as is, men and their beards, am I right? Anyway we think he kinda looks like a cute bobble head now, as his head is out of proportion to his thin little body!
10. Lastly, Kody saw me eyeing off these gorgeous geralton wax flowers in the store the other day and bought me a bunch, it was a small gesture, but it was sweet. He knows how much flowers around the house cheer me up, and how much I appreciate them, even if he thinks they are “a stupid gift as they will wither and die”! Haha, the inner mind of a man amuses me!
What did you do this month?
Have you got any new items that you love?
Or have you tried these Lush bath bombs yet?
Thanks for stopping by.