To be honest guys, these reviews have been getting later and later, part of that is due to the boxes not actually getting to me quickly, I am still waiting on my October box, and part of it is of course my fault. I’m busy, I’m taking my time reviewing the products, and quite frankly these posts are just seeming a little tired to me, I’m ready for something new. I have decided to say goodbye to Bellabox, it has been a great year, but my October bellabox review will be my last for the foreseeable future.
This box didn’t particularly wow me, I found it slightly disappointing, so that is another reason it took me so long to finalise this review. Sorry for my blogging delays guys, I appreciate you sticking with me!
This September the bellabox was themed “Kiss Me” after its hero product of the month, the Jelly Lipstick, and it contained five products and one bonus item. One item, the hero product, was full sized, however the other five were all samples.
The September box contained;
1. Jelly Lipstick – Pink.
2. Natural Instincts Eye Creme.
3. Cocofixation 100% Coconut Facial Wipes.
4. Avon Skin Goodness CC Cream SPF 30+.
5. Sebamed Anti-Dry Day Defence Cream.
6. Palmolive Oil Infusions Body Moisturiser.
1. The hero product, and namesake for the “Kiss Me” box was the Jelly Lipsticks. Bellabox have not provided the brand of this product, and the font used on the packaging is a bit confusing and not particularly easy to read, but I think it says “Sexy Lace Lipstick – Heng Fang”, and I received a soft pink shade. I am pleased that I was given the pink shade, I think I would have been upset if I had received orange or purple instead. This product is interesting because it applies clear, and reacts with your body temperature to deepen in shade, which is a fun concept. However I thought this product smelt very “chemically” and I didn’t enjoy using it due to the strong smell. Once applied the product made your lips look rosy pink and moisturised, however it felt more like a lip balm, very moisturising, but needed reapplying often.
2. This is definitely a product for me, I desperately need something to try to combat those dark and concaved circles below my eyes! Although I’ve had this product for about a month now I haven’t actually been able to use it consistently enough to see any definitive results. I do like the size of this product, considering how small an amount is required this 15mL will last a long time. I also liked the consistency of the cream, it is very smooth and soaks into your skin beautifully. Huge pros of the brand are no animal testing, vegan products, pH balanced, free from toxic sulphates, petrochemicals, parabens and more as well as being made in Australia!
3. The third item out of the box was a pack of 5 Cocofixation Facial Wipes. These wipes are made from 100% organic coconut and bamboo materials. As these wipes are made from bamboo and coconut oil they aren’t particularly soft, thick or strong, however they are also not overly scratchy or uncomfortable on your skin and they didn’t break easily (although one did rip). Overall I thought they felt quite nice, I’ve had softer from other brands, but I’ve also had much worse, they did a decent job of removing my makeup and they smelt amazing. In fact my skin had a lingering fresh coconut scent to it for a couple of hours after I used these wipes!
4. Another product out of this month’s bellabox was this Avon Skin Goodness CC Cream with SPF 30+. Unfortunately this product was a bit too orange for me, although I still wore it out (I couldn’t tell exactly how orange it made me look until I hit the sunlight). I only used a very small amount of this product, I blended it over my face completely and I found that it had a nice and light coverage, evening out your skin tone, without hiding any natural features on your skin. Meaning that you will definitely want to wear concealer if you have any blemishes to hide!
5. This Sebamed Anti-Dry Age Defence Cream is a lightweight, freshly scented moisturiser that is meant to “calm flare-ups, irritation and tension” while “relieving typical symptoms of dry skin” and “protecting [your skin] against UV stress”. So far I love the lightweight consistency and the fresh scent and that is all I have to say on this product!
6. Lastly the bonus item from this months “Kiss Me” bellabox was a 12mL sachet of Palmolive Oil Infusions Body Moisturiser. This moisturiser was a really thin and smooth consistency, it soaked quickly into my skin without leaving behind any residue or oily feeling. It smelt lovely and fresh, with ingredients such as orange, mandarin orange, jasmine and avocado to scent it.
Did you get the “Kiss Me” bellabox?
Would you like me to continue this series?
If not, what else would you like me to review monthly?
Thanks for stopping by.