I actually received the June bellabox about 2 weeks ago now, but I have just taken my time to sample all the products. Plus I couldn’t publish my review any sooner anyway as my laptop was away for repairs! Hence why I have been so absent from my blog for the last fortnight. I am glad to have my laptop back, and I’m trying to get as much blogging done now before the next semester starts!
The June bellabox was themed “Winter Switch”, meaning that it contained products that you should use during winter to switch up your routine. The same skincare routine will not work year round as environmental factors, such as wind, the cold, sun and heat, will affect your skin differently.
The items in the June box were;
1. Your Tea Skin Magic Tea.
2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel.
3. Dermal Therapy Lip Balm.
4. Mizon Soothing Mask.
5. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Wipes.
6. Gelogic Gel Nail Polish.
BONUS. Colgate Optic White High Impact White Toothpaste.
1. The first item from my June bellabox was this packet of 9 Your Tea Skin Magic Tea bags. This tea is a special blend of Aloe Vera, Liquorice Root, Lotus Seed Heart, Jasmine Flower and Chinese Red Tea. The smell is pretty strong, but it does taste better than it smells. Unfortunately I only drank half a cup. I’m not a big tea/hot drink fan and I didn’t really like it. But it wasn’t unpleasant, especially after I added some honey. I think anyone who doesn’t mind herbal teas will probably love this product!
2. The second item I received was another sample tube of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. I had previously received a sample tube of this product in my September bellabox, but I didn’t mind getting this product twice as this is one of the very few items I have purchased myself as a result of getting it from bellabox. I absolutely adored this product, and I still do, it has become a daily staple in my skincare routine and I adore how it feels on my skin and how easily it soaks in and hydrates me.
3. I also received a tube of this Dermal Therapy Lip Balm. I have used this product loads already, I am plagued with dry lips this winter, I’m blaming it on not drinking enough water and taking daily walks with the dogs in the cold. To be honest this product smells like Vicks and it is thick, sticky and is a soft transparent white colour, so my initial thoughts weren’t favourable, however I gave it a chance, let it soak in, and then I fell in love. This actually works! It made my severely dry and chapped lips soft again after only one application, of course the next day they were chapped again after my walk with the dogs, but I could just re-apply.
4. Another item out of the June bellabox was this Mizon Soothing Mask. I must admit that I was excited to try this product, but it didn’t really impress me. The back of the packet is written in Asian characters, therefore there were no instructions, I googled it, placed it on my face and left it for about 10 minutes. First off I found that the eye and mouth holes were a little too small for me, the eye holes were the worst as it felt like it was too close to my eyes and they were stinging. Once I took it off I noticed that there was a lot of residue left behind, and I tried to let it soak into my skin, however I had to dab some of it off as it was just too slimy for me. My skin did feel slightly softer immediately after, but I probably wouldn’t use this product again.
5. For my fifth item I received a packet of 25 Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Wipes. This is the second packet of these wipes that I had received in a short amount of time, and I must say that I was impressed that bellabox sent such a large sample and didn’t only give out a few wipes, it was great to receive another full sized product. I also really like these wipes, I think they might be the best facial wipes I have tried so far, they are soft and gentle on your skin, yet strong enough not to pull apart and break. They also do a great job of cleaning away the day’s makeup. I love this product.
6. There were two types of nail polishes being sent out this month, coloured polish by Magnetix or a clear gel coat from Gelogic. I received the second of these two in my June box. To be honest, I think I prefer the gel top coat over a coloured polish, as I can be picky with my nail colours, and I always could use more top coat! The top coat was nice, quick drying, thick and really shiny!
BONUS. Lastly, the bonus item from the June bellabox was this sample sized tube of Colgate Optic White toothpaste. I didn’t love the flavour of this toothpaste, and I thought that it went liquid-y as you used it, instead of turning into a foamy paste, which was different. However I did see a change in the colour of my teeth. I wouldn’t say the change was drastic, in fact it was only very slight, but I did think that they brightened up by a shade. Not quite the 4 shades brighter that the packaging boasts.
Did you get a bellabox this June?
Did you get the same items as me?
What was your favourite product?
Thanks for stopping by.