I know this review is super late, September is almost over and I’m only now publishing my August bellabox review.
The August bellabox was themed “Complexion Perfection” and the hero product of the month was Em Cosmetics The Great Cover Up Ultimate Concealer. This month’s box contained seven products and a coupon code for future purchases at Em Cosmetics. Using the code “BELLABOX40” you will be able to get 40% off your order at the Em Cosmetics online store.
Inside the August box was;
1. Em Cosmetics The Great Cover Up Ultimate Concealer.
2. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter Subtle Lightening Shampoo and Conditioner.
3. Nivea Creme Fairy Tales Edition.
4. Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream and Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion.
5. Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Bust Lift and Firm Cream & Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum.
1. As I said earlier the hero product of the month was the Em Cosmetics The Great Cover Up Ultimate Concealer by Michelle Phan. I received this full sized product in the shade fair neutral/cool, and it was a good match for my skin. I would have preferred it in a slightly lighter shade as the tone matched my skin perfectly, and I would have liked it to give me a slight brightening effect on my under eye area, but since it matched my natural skin tone I’m not complaining in the slightest.
If I’m being honest with you I think this might be the best concealer I have ever used for my under eye area. It is so creamy and pigmented, it blends in so well and looks so natural. I found this concealer worked best under your liquid foundation, instead of on top of it, and it blends out beautifully using a beauty blender. It also works well on any skin pigmentation, blemishes and redness, although it didn’t work well when applied over open acne, flaky skin or fresh acne scars. But for my skin it worked beautifully and it has become my daily go to concealer!
2. A set of John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter Subtle Lightening Shampoo and Conditioner was also included in my August bellabox. I am quite fond of John Frieda products, and I was intrigued to see this product work, although I have to say that it must be a very subtle effect because neither Kody nor I could see any change to my hair colour, even after a number of applications. The shampoo was also a dark blonde colour, which washed off your hands easily enough, although I accidentally stained my white shower curtain with it. It was a good shampoo, I just didn’t notice any brightening effects.
3. Third out of the Complexion Perfection bellabox was a large 150mL tin of Nivea Creme in the Fairy Tales Edition. Again this was another full sized product, and I was incredibly impressed with the generous product size. This is a really thick cream and it does take a little work to rub it completely into your skin, however I am really fond of this product. I have found that my favourite use for this product so far is to apply to my skin immediately after shaving or waxing. When I have done this it has stopped any razor rash, redness, itchiness, ingrown hairs from appearing and it has moisturised the area well. I have even used this product on poor little Theo’s toe pads when I noticed they were looking a bit dry and cracked.
4. I’m going to be honest, I haven’t sampled this product yet. I’ve been meaning to, but now this review is so late that I feel I should just publish it without a review on this product. The samples contain 5mL’s of Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream and Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion and I will review these in more depth in a future empties post.
5. The bonus product inside August’s bellabox was the Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Bust Lift and Firm Cream & Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum. The packaging says that results will be visible after 4 weeks of use, applying the creams twice a day, however, even applying the cream and serum sparingly I only got about 6-8 applications from each product. This is slightly disappointing as it is not enough to see any results at all. I was a little worried about the heat-activating aspect of the Slimming and Firming Serum, but I didn’t notice it at all the first time I applied it, and after that I could feel a warm tingling sensation on my thighs, but it was not unpleasant at all.
Have you used any of these products before?
What are your thoughts on the EM Cosmetics concealer?
Does the John Frieda shampoo lighten your hair colour?
Thanks for stopping by.